Hedgehogs is our reception class at Elmsett.
- Children that are aged 5 before Christmas will start full time school in September.
- Children who are 5 after the start of the spring term will now have the option to attend school full-time from September or attend on a part-time basis (mornings only) until the term in which they turn 5, when they can then attend full time.
In the reception class the children learn in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS). Play underpins the delivery of the EYFS. Children have opportunity to extend learning and development through play, it is through play that children develop intellectually, creatively, physically, socially and emotionally.
The EYFS is split into 6 equally weighted areas; our activities are based around these.
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy
- Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development